How To Activate Microsoft Office 2019?
With Windows 7 being discontinued by Microsoft in January 2020, most users choose to upgrade their systems to Windows 10. The latest Office 2019 from Microsoft can only be installed and upgraded on Windows 10. This article will show you how to activate office 2019 with a product key. Activation can be done in several ways, and we try to introduce them here. All of these methods apply primarily to Office 2019/2016. Before starting this process, we assume that an unauthorized copy of Microsoft Office is installed on your computer.
Sign in to Office with a Microsoft account
If you have already purchased a license or you are just reinstalling Office on a new computer, you do not need any product keys. Instead, you only need to sign in with the same Microsoft account you used to purchase your license.
The office will automatically collect the eligible license from your account. If you have multiple Office licenses tied to your account, Office will list all of them and you can choose which license to use for activation.
This is an easier and safer way to activate your copy of Office. By following this, you don’t need to keep the product key somewhere. Here are the steps to activate Office by signing in.
- Open any Office application Like Word, etc…
- A pop-up window will prompt you to log in, click the “Login” button. Alternatively, you can go to “File + Account” and “Product Activation”.
- Enter the credentials of the account associated with the Office license.
- Select one of the licenses displayed in the list. This only applies when you have multiple licenses.
Activate your office with a product key
If you purchased an Office license from a physical or online store, you must receive it as a product key. The office can be activated directly from the product key. However, we recommend that you first link your product key to your account and then sign in with the same account. To do this, you can follow these steps. Make sure the product key is ready.
- Go to office.com/setup. Sign in with a Microsoft account.
- Now enter the 25-character product key, as described earlier.
- Select your country and language. Click “Next.”
- After this, you will be redirected to the Microsoft Services and Subscriptions page.
- Find the product you just activated and click “Install Now” to download the settings.
- Run the installer to install Office on your computer.
- When prompted, sign in with the same Microsoft account.
If you already have Office, you don’t need to perform steps 6 to 9. Just visit “File + Account”> “Product Activation” to sign in. This process is only done once, and the license is now associated with your account. You don’t need to maintain their product key because it will always exist in your Microsoft account.
Activate using the Office Activation Wizard
When the copy of Office has run out of trial or has not been activated, users are prompted to use the activation wizard. Or, if you change some hardware on your computer, you will be taken to an activation issue that you can solve using the Activation Wizard. The activation wizard is very useful, all instructions are mentioned in the dialog. If you want to activate Office over the Internet, select “I want to activate the software over the Internet” and then “Next.” Or, if you want to contact Microsoft Support and activate the product over the phone, you can choose a phone option. If you are unable to activate your product, it is best to contact Microsoft Support in this regard.
The activation process for Microsoft Office is very simple and secure. There are many ways to activate Office on Windows. Make sure you follow the correct instructions for your situation.